Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Aftermath

Well, the much-anticipated 21st birthday of the beautiful Mimi is passed.  We started off a little shaky, working until 12 turned into1 turned into working until 4 (which left a swearing-like-a-sailor Heather Jo sitting on the couch bitching about the pointlessness of planning) but never fail! After I calmed the heck down, I reorganized, quite literally re-did my itinerary (yes... I had an itinerary... I would be ashamed, but on the whole it worked out :)  ) and pulled it off!

First stop was Easley winery.http://www.easleywinery.com/.  Strongly recommend it.  We had a very informative, but quite interesting tour of the winery and then tasted 14 wines between the two of us (on the cheap I might add... tour was free and it was only $3/person to sample 7 wines each!)  And then we came back to the apartment to pretty up for dinner and off to....

http://www.barcelonatapas.com/
Again-- first note: highly recommend it.  We ate all sorts of wonderful food, and more food.... and more food... we both had drinks and we got out of there in under $55 (tip included).  In fact, our favorite menu item, Queso de Cabra al Horno-- essentially baked goat cheese with spicy marinara sauce, with cute garlic breads to dip in it-- was so good we did our best to replicate it at home tonight.  I must say, I think we succeeded for the most part!  Our little garlic breads looked different, but they were still good.  I don't have a pic of ours, but here's what we ate last night:

So good.  After that, we headed back to the apartment for some champagne :).  It was a simple night, but a beautiful one, I think.  It isn't everything I planned, and probably a good lesson in the pointlessness of overplanning.... but what're you gonna do.  We toasted her 21st with love and bubbly.  Doesn't get much better than that.

JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment